Installing the GNU Tool Chain for BTnut on Mac OS X
- Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
- Connection to your BTnode, that is either
- An USB Prog adapter or
- A programmer that allows in-system programming of the AVR, e.g. the Atmel STK 500 and
- a mac serial port to connect the programmer, e.g. the USB-2-Serial adapter from Keyspan
- Install the Fink Package Manager
- Set-up Fink for CVS access
- Set-up Fink to use unstable packages
- Get the latest unstable versions and install AVR Tolchain + progamming tools:
- fink index
- fink selfupdate
- fink install avr-binutils avr-gcc avr-libc uisp avrdude
Both the uisp and avrdude package contain patches which improve reliability for bootloader programming.
That's it. For the usage of the AVR-GCC, UISP and AVRDUDE... see other pages, the avr-gcc, uisp and avrdude mailing lists and use Google. :)
If you want to use the BTnode USB Prog adapter you have to install this driver. Update: This driver should now also work with the Intel-based Macs.
For questions regarding this distribution send mail to Matthias Ringwald.
After the tool setup proceed to the generic LinuxInstall.